Welcome! thank you for visiting our site. This page holds basic facts, while the other pages are more in-depth.
We are Ofsted registered. We work closely with Bradford Early Years Education Department and use the same resources as school nurseries. We feed into all local schools in Great Horton, Wibsey, Clayton, Queensbury and further afield.
Please check out the rest of the website for more information or contact us using the information at the bottom of this page. There is no need to book an appointment, we prefer prospective parents to call in unannounced so they can see us ‘as we are’. We would rather it to be between 9 am and 11 am or 1 pm and 3 pm to avoid arrival, departure and meals times if possible. But if you can’t make those times then we are always open from 8 am until 4.30 pm and can be available earlier or later by appointment. We look forward to meeting you and your child.
Who is the nursery for?
In the nursery, we accept children aged 2 and over.
We are happy to take funded children, fee-paying and children who do both. Children can come from as little as 3 hours a week to over 45 hours a week either for 38 weeks (term time) a year or 49 weeks (We close Christmas, Easter and for other bank holidays. There are no charges for these days).
We are happy to stretch funding over the year, for example, you could have your child attend for 12 hours a week for 49 weeks at absolutely no charge to you. Please see our page on hours and fees for more information.
We have quite a lot of experience working with children who have additional needs. Be that physical, communication, emotional, medical, behavioural or a mixture of all. We are proud to say we have never turned a child away because we felt we couldn’t care for them. If you feel your child has additional needs please ask to speak to our manager Catherine or Senco Fiona.
Why choose St John’s Nursery?
- St John’s nursery has 30 years’ worth of good reputation in Great Horton and the surrounding communities
- We have a very large room & garden
- Our DBS checked staff are mature, well qualified and experienced all have first aid certificates.
- The average time our staff have spent working at St Johns nursery is 10+ years we have a combined 80+ years’ worth of childcare experience and most of the staff are parents of children who have themselves attended our groups.
- We are a non-profit making community organisation (any surplus money is put back into our community work)
- As a community organisation, we try to keep fees as low as possible.
- We provide free meals for all. There is no registration fee, no deposit and no hidden charges
- We have very good links with all the other community work undertaken in St John’s and Great Horton.
- We are a nursery with a Christian ethos who welcomes people of all or no faiths several members of staff are bilingual.